Neil Etheridge Sexy Pics for F&H Ad




No doubt that Azkals continue to make a scene in Philippine entertainment industry as they get more Ad projects. Aside from Phil Younghusband, Neil Etheridge is also one of the favorite faces of Azkals team and there are many girls (and men) that go gaga to this young hunk. What is great about Neil is that he remains humble and unaffected by fame that he is currently getting.

Keeper of the goal
By: Tim Yap
Source: Philstar.com

MANILA, Philippines - What the people have seen over the past few days has been a terrible sight. For those involved and those watching, the country is already in a deep recession which we are trying hard to get out of and this looting and violence against our own people has not helped the cause or helped anyone for that matter. Shop owners, property owners and individuals have been attacked for reasons unknown to anyone. With the Olympics coming up next year we should be uniting as a country not destroying our own.’

Those words were uttered not by a commentator on the BBC or on any news channel for that matter. They came from the mouth of famed Azkals goal keeper Neil Etheridge -- someone we can call our very own.

Neil Etheridge lives 20 minutes away from where the London riots happened earlier this week. “The people involved are selfish and have destroyed many major cities all over the country,” says Neil over the phone, disappointment quite apparent in his low voice. Neil has attracted quite a lot of attention recently for keeping the flames alive for fans of football in the Philippines. This country needs new sports heroes. Neil Etheridge is one of the new flag bearers for this generation’s goal setters.

Not so slowly, the cityscape’s billboards are being lined with athletes telling us what to wear, eat and drink. Some mayors may squirm upon seeing men stripped down to their bare essentials, but hey, that’s their issue. Athletes, whether in their underwear or not, have replaced celebrities in selling fitness because for these titans, fitness is a 24-hour job. They wake up to train. And even if they know how to party, at the end of the day, they still have to get up and train. Playing ball is no easy feat.

Eyes on the prize

While we’re on the topic, I ask Neil about his photos, which circulated all over Twitter. Yes, his Folded and Hung (no pun intended) campaign where Neil keeps his eye on the goal, his intense gaze, arms raised and ready for action.

How did he prepare for the F&H shoot? I mean, it’s not everyday that you get photographed in your underwear. “I have a really great fitness trainer and he has helped me get into shape. Believe it or not my body never looked like that, and I am always looking to improve it. Steve Hines at Fulham Football Club has been a great help with my nutrition and work out. If you’re interested, he leaves tips and information at @peakxvfitness (on Twitter).” I will definitely follow this guy to see if my body will become like Neil Etheridge’s.

“In fact, I was a little shy because I didn’t really want to take my top of in front of a camera straight away. I am quite body concious, if you can believe that. I think (if) you ask most guys, they are.” Who would have known, right?

“He is extremely focused and gives his 110% when it comes to football. He’s really serious about fitness and sometimes goes to the gym twice in one day,” shares Neil’s and the Azkal’s constant companion, Joanne Samson, his agent at W Talent Management.

No to riots, no EDSA billboard

For this particular shoot for F&H, Neil shares, “At that shoot I was just myself. No special work out before. (I) just turned up to have fun in front of a camera.”

And then it got leaked on Facebook and on Twitter.

“I didn’t know at first it was being released and I thought it might have been leaked by accident because I saw it (first) on Twitter. Of course, I was very happy and proud of what I did and how it came out,” Neil speaks in a gentle giant tone, unaffected by fame and just really focused on whatever he does. “My agent from W Talent Agency was the one (who) encouraged me to do the F&H campaign.” That one photo has gone viral and is now posted all over the Internet, making Neil Etheridge a de facto sex symbol overnight.

How does he feel about the “sex symbol” tag? Does it make him feel uncomfortable, like some of our politicians? “Myself as a sex symbol? No, not really. I see myself as a normal person (who) always has time for others. I was lucky enough to be given a talent and I have (worked) hard (on) improving (it) to get to where I am today.”

Ladies, don’t cause a riot over this one. This one won’t be on EDSA anytime, so feel free to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment